- James Freeman Vivian (Not stated as the III on his birth certificate) was born February 23, 1933 in Detroit, Michigan, USA. He was the second born of James Freeman Vivian, Jr. and Gwendolyn Bertha Taylor. He died November 10, 2006, in Canton, Michigan, USA.
- Father: James Freeman Vivian, Jr., (1903 - 1988)
- Mother: Gwendolyn Bertha Taylor (1904 - 1950)
- F, Lois Mae (1927 - 1982)
- Married Kathleen Joyce Shelley (1932 - Living) on June 6, 1953 at St. Gregory's Catholic Church in Detroit, Michigan, USA.
- M, James Freeman, IV (1954 - 2013)
- F, Ann Marie (1955 - Living)
- M, Michael Allen (1957 - Living)
- F, Patricia Louise (1960 - Living)
- M, Steven Louis (1964 - Living)
- M, Christopher Lynn (1972 - Living)
Began work as an apprentice tool & dye worker for the Ford Motor Co., Rouge Assembly plant in Dearborn, Michigan at age 19. Retired from there at age 62 in 1994.
- He was a scoutmaster of Troop 284, from 1965.
- He rose to the position of a Master Mason in 1983, at Dearborn Lodge #172.
- He was also affiliated with F.& A.M., Royal Arch Masons, Chapter #172, Scottish Rite Bodies, Valley of Detroit, Knights Templar, Commentary #55, Order of Eastern Star, Dearborn Chapter #421, Ford Tool & Die Square Club, Michigan Lodge of Research #1, Royal & Select Masters, Council #30.
- He received the high honor of 33rd Degree Active Almatta Grotto-Chief Justice.
- Editions & additions of some more specific dates, middle & maiden names, locations, etc. noted above by jfv, iv on 4-28-2010.